Often people suffer from skin conditions that are harmless and do not pose any serious threats. But if they are not treated on time they may or may not lead to more serious complications. Such is the case with Xanthelasmas. These are the harmless skin formations that usually occur in middle age around the area of our eyes. Are you also struggling with these formations on your skin? Then do not worry as we provide Eyelid Xanthelasma Removal in Dubai, to help you get rid of this condition.
Understanding Eyelid Xanthelasmas:
Whitish or yellowish lumps that occur around the inner corner of our eyes are known as xanthelasmas. The xanthomas only occur in about 1% of people. Women mostly suffer from these formations as compared to men. These are harmless and occur due to different reasons. However, some research shows that they occur in people who have high levels of cholesterol.
These lumps do not go on their own and you should visit a professional if you want to remove them.
Reasons For Xanthomas Formations:
These lumps can occur in different parts of the body. They occur in people due to the following reasons:
- They occur in people who suffer from high cholesterol.
- Individuals who have diabetes mellitus.
- They occur in individuals who have thyroid issues.
- People who suffer from inflammation.
- Obese people.
- They also occur in people who smoke more.
Outcomes Of The Xanthelasma Removal Process:
The treatment helps remove these formations completely. Our clinic offers safe and effective methods for removing these lumps. Our surgeons carefully remove these plaque formations. However, the results can vary from person to person, because some people may require more than a single session to achieve proper results. While some may have their lumps removed after a single appointment.
Preparing For The Eyelid Xanthelasmas Treatment:
- Before the actual procedure, the individual must meet with a professional oculoplastic surgeon.
- If you suffered from any eye conditions in the past, then make sure that you discuss it with your doctor.
- The oculoplastic will carry out a visual examination to check the condition of your eyes.
- The individuals must avoid any medication that leads to bleeding during the surgery.
- The diagnosis does not require a test, but your healthcare provider may ask you to undergo some tests. These tests are to check your cholesterol level, thyroid function, blood sugar, and your liver function.
Treatment Methods For Removing Eyelid Lumps:
At Dynamic Aesthetic Clinic Dubai we have different methods that can completely remove these lipid deposits without affecting the surrounding areas. At our clinic, we offer different outpatient processes for removing these deposits.
The Surgical Method:
Surgeons often combine this method with blepharoplasty surgery. This method begins by sedating the patient with anesthesia. It is used for large formations. The surgery helps remove the plaque and repairs the skin.
The Method Of Cold Therapy:
The cryotherapy treatment uses cold temperatures to treat these skin lesions. This process uses a temperature of minus one hundred and ninety degrees. It is an effective process but is not recommended in most cases because it causes swelling in the area. But this process helps prevent infections.
The Radiofrequency Process:
During this process, the dermatologist applies an ointment to the area. After applying the ointment they focus radiofrequency on it. The radio waves help melt these fatty deposits.
During this procedure, the oculoplastics apply a chemical called Tricholoacetic acid onto the area. This chemical burns the plaque, revealing new skin. But this method is mostly avoided as the chemical can be dangerous if it comes in contact with the eyes.
Best Treatment For Removing Eyelid Lipids:
Laser therapy is considered the gold treatment for treating these lipid deposits. For this procedure, the dermatologist first numbs the area and helps the patients wear protective shields or goggles on their eyes. Then the area that has these lipid deposits is treated by applying a laser on it. This is an effective treatment but might be a bit costly.
Recovering From The Treatment:
The recovery period is short, and may only last for 3 to 4 days. However, during your recovery period, you may:
- Experience blurry vision for some time.
- The patients may experience sensitivity to light for some time.
- The expert will suggest you use ice packs in the treatment area.
- Do not rub your eyes excessively.
- Wear sunglasses if you go out in the sun.
- Try to clean the area gently with the prescribed ointment.
Prevention From The Xanthelasmas:
To reduce the risk of these lesions. You must follow the following things:
- Maintain a weight that’s healthy for you.
- Avoid the use of tobacco products.
- Try to control your diabetes.
- Maintain your cholesterol levels.
Can These Lipid Formations Go Away Without Treatment?
No, the eyelid cholesterol deposits can not go away on their own. They are harmless. But if you do not get the right treatment they might increase in size.
How Much Does The Treatment Cost:
The cost of the Xanthelasma Removal method at Dynamic Aesthetic Clinic Dubai ranges between AED 999 to AED 1999. Different factors may influence the cost. But your surgeon will inform you about the whole treatment cost after your physical diagnosis.
Let Us Help You!
If you do not like the appearance of these lipid deposits and want to enhance your appearance. Then you can consult our specialists by booking a free consultation with them at our clinic. They will guide you more about the Eyelid Xanthelasma Removal in Dubai & Abu Dhabi. We look forward to seeing you!