Is your child suffering from a condition of cleft lip and palate and this is affecting their ability to speak, eat, and breathe? No, this condition is not incurable. You can help your kid and provide them with a normal way of living by taking them for Palate Repair Surgery in Dubai. If the kid has an abnormal opening in the roof of their mouth this course of action can overcome the issues of speech. As this is about your infant, you must choose a trustworthy team for the procedure. You can visit us and can let your child live a normal and comfortable way of speaking.
Most Prominent Out-Turns:
We cannot point out any single result of this procedure. This surgery meets many different needs of the patient and serves them with their desired goals. But in the general view, from improved speech, feeding, breathing, and facial appearance to reducing the risks of ear infections. Palate Repair Surgery can serve you with many different life-changing results.
- In order to be suitable for the performance of this course of actions the child must be medically fit.
- The age of the ideal candidate must not be younger than 6 and older than 12 months.
- Make sure that the oral hygiene of your child is good enough for the performance of this surgery.
- The parents should make sure that their child is not a passive smoker.
- The child should not be a sufferer of birth trauma, acquired diseases, physiological jaundice, or any type of developmental disorder.
- The parents should carry out proper research about this surgery.
- Consult the most well-known surgeon in the field.
- Make sure to keep your child away from passive smoking.
- You must take your child to visit the surgeon at least 7-8 days before the operation so that the doctor can examine the condition of the infant thoroughly.
- Train your baby to be able to drink from the cap instead of using a bottle.
- The infant can have their mother’s milk for at least 4 hours and powdered milk for about 7 hours prior to the surgery.
- Do not forget to give your child a bath before taking them to the hospital.
- Their favorite toys can be a helpful instrument for calming them down in times of discomfort, so do not forget to take them along with you.
- As a parent, you should not panic at the time of filling out the insurance form.
The Performance of Palate Repair Surgery in Dubai:
- The surgery begins with giving the patient general anesthesia keeping their age under consideration.
- The surgeon will then place a small device in the individual’s mouth, just to keep it open throughout the procedure.
- Moving forward, the expert makes necessary cuts on the roof of the mouth to access the palate.
- The layer of tissue that is bound to the cleft will loosen with great skill, to make sure that it stretches.
- The expert will make one more cut in the next step but this time it will be along the gums. It will allow the palate’s tissues to stretch and move to the roof of the mouth.
- The practitioner then stitches the muscles and tissues together to repair the palate.
- The procedure ends by stitching the nasal layer of tissue with dissolvable material.
- You can take your child back to your home once the doctor monitors their condition in detail.
- Keep giving your baby the prescribed medicines on time.
- Make sure that your child is drinking plenty of water and fluid, to stay hydrated.
- Avoid crunchy or hard food items for at least 1-2 weeks before surgery.
- Give the kid foods like mashed potatoes, yogurt, soup, pudding, custards, etc. till the wound doesn’t get healed completely.
- Do not feed the toddler with the help of straw for no less than 3 weeks after undergoing this course of action.
- You must keep an eye on the resting hours of your kid, they must take as much rest as possible.
Positive Impacts of Palate Repair Surgery in Dubai:
This Palate Repair Surgery in Dubai & Abu Dhabi carries many benefits for your younger one. Some of the most common ones are:
- Improvement in the speech ability of the kid.
- It minimizes the risk of food entering the nasal cavity.
- The patient can overcome the issues of hearing through the performance of this action.
- It is capable of improving the breathing ability of the candidate.
- The overall facial profile of the kid also gets enhanced after undergoing this procedure.
What Risks to Expect from this Procedure?
If the operation is not performed under the supervision of a skilled practitioner, or if the parents fail to look after their child after the surgery there can be certain risks attached to this course of action. Some of the most prominent ones are discussed below:
- Infection in the operated site.
- Bleeding from the cuts made for carrying out the surgery.
- Chances of visible scarring on the face due to cuts and stitches made during the procedure.
- In rare cases, the patient may also have to suffer through temporary numbness in the targeted area.
Cost of Palate Repair Surgery in Dubai:
In general view, the Cost of Palate Repair Surgery in Dubai can range between AED 15,000 to AED 35,000.
Our team of highly qualified and experienced surgeons at Dynamic Clinic Dubai always looks forward to helping you and your loved ones in the best possible ways by providing personalized treatment and complete care to every single patient, because our clients mean a lot to us. So what are you waiting for? Book a consultation for free today by just filling out the form given below and taking the first step toward letting your child live a healthy and happy life through the performance of Palate Repair Surgery in Dubai, Abu Dhabi & Sharjah.